About Me

My photo
I am a 25-year old sinner saved by grace. I have been richly blessed with a wonderful wife. I work to find Christian homes for children in foster care. I photograph weddings and portraits with my wife. Most importantly, I love Christ because He has saved me, and I hope that by reading this blog, you will be pleased to say the same.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Savoring Christ in 2010

Well here we are in the second day of 2010. A decade has passed and another begins. We have all encountered different experiences, trials, triumphs, and losses. Some of us feel like we know exactly what to expect this upcoming year and some of us are in utter despair because we have no idea what is coming. Some of us are excited because we need a new start and some of us wish that 2009 would never end. For all of us, Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 still rings true. We are all in a season understanding that there is "a time for every matter under heaven..." All the "matters" that needed to be addressed this last year have been addressed, and now we look to the new "matters" of this next year.

The "matters" I have to look forward to addressing in 2010 are many. They include finishing my bachelor's degree, involvement in a healthcare chaplaincy, getting a full-time job, finding a place to live, potentially getting married, starting seminary, and continuing to serve my church. I am excited about all these things, even though I understand that along with them comes a million or so details to work out.

Most of all, I'm so thankful for the God that has adopted me as His son. I realize that no matter which "matters under heaven" are being addressed, the Lord and His care for me will never change. It brings me such great joy to proclaim with the psalmist that "your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness." Reflecting on this last year and thinking forward to this next year has reminded me so specifically of God's steadfast love and faithfulness to me personally. And not only to me, but I know that God has been "showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments" (Deut. 5:10).

Brothers and sisters, I pray that you enjoy God this upcoming year. I pray that you rejoice in Christ because of the salvation He has brought to you! Delight in Him and allow His love and faithfulness to remain in your sight. Make seeking Him your ultimate goal for 2010. He will never fail or falter in His faithfulness to you.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him." -Ephesians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment